At Strategic Coach, discussing activities that energize and fuel us is the norm. As team members, we’re encouraged to unearth our Unique Ability and our best strategies toward teamwork.
This type of work environment allows us to feel more connected to one another—in addition to allowing for extraordinary teamwork. This is why we strongly advocate for sharing your Unique Ability, not just with your team, but also with family, friends, and the people you spend the majority of your time with.
Here are five ways that sharing your Unique Ability can positively impact your relationships:
- You accept that not everyone operates in the same way—and that’s a good thing. When you realize how uniquely different we are, you learn to appreciate people more. You become aware that the same results can be reached many different ways and learn in which areas you can rely on others to step up where you don’t naturally thrive.
- It presents a bonding opportunity. One of the best ways to connect and really get to know someone is to have a conversation about your talents and passions. It’s a chance to deepen your relationships by understanding what goals you’re both striving toward.
- It’s a chance to “be used” and to “use others” for what they’re best at. Everyone has activities they love being asked to do—and others they don’t want to be expected to do. Having a productive conversation about what those are makes others conscious of your weaknesses and turns strengths into something actionable. “We all have activities we love being asked to do—and others we don’t want to be expected to do.” Click To Tweet
- It holds you accountable to freeing yourself up from energy-draining activities. Getting rid of non-Unique Ability activities in your day-to-day life is incredibly liberating. The trick is having others help you do this. Talking to your team and family about your goals helps you spend your time on the activities that matter most.
- It’s an opportunity to unwrap more of your potential. Our strengths are not finite. As we grow and evolve, so do they. In intimate settings that allow for deeper conversations, we’re able to offer one another insights and strategies we may not have been able to come to on our own. This is the beauty of sharing your strengths.
The strengths we possess and the activities that fuel us are the surest opportunities to lead us to our most fulfilling lives. The best way to inspire your thinking and realize exactly what those are is by seeking out the perspectives of those you spend the most time with. Use your team members, family, and friends as a sounding board for your growth and to discover your Unique Ability!
Discover if you have what it takes to create a company that manages itself to growth.