Imagine your dream team.
What does it look like? How does it differ from the team you’re currently working with? What do you need to stop procrastinating on to turn this vision into a reality?
One of the major benefits of entrepreneurship is having complete freedom to design the team you want. You get to choose the people who work with you on a daily basis. This is why it’s so important to get into the habit of evaluating the teamwork in your organization and being honest with yourself about whether it’s in alignment with your bigger future.
Here are some of the top teamwork quotes, from experts, that are key to inspiring collaboration, productivity, and a Self-Managing Company.
- “You’ve got a team out there that’s called ‘the world,’ and it’s creating enormous capabilities on your behalf.” Dan Sullivan
- “Teamwork is so important that it is virtually impossible for you to reach the heights of your capabilities or make the money that you want without becoming very good at it.” Brian Tracy
- “Showing gratitude is an invaluable way to make people feel their worth has gone up and they are understood.” Shannon Waller
- “A great deal of talent is lost to the world for the want of a little courage.” Sydney Smith
- “There’s nothing greater in the world than when somebody on the team does something good, and everybody gathers around to pat him on the back.” Billy Martin
- “People don’t work for companies, they work for people. We don’t have company meetings—we have family meetings.” Jonathan Neman
- “Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision, the ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” Andrew Carnegie
- “A bad system can destroy good people.” Gary Mottershead
- “Great teams do not hold back with one another. They are unafraid to air their dirty laundry. They admit their mistakes, their weaknesses, and their concerns without fear of reprisal.” Patrick Lencioni
- “The ratio of We’s to I’s is the best indicator of the development of a team.” Lewis B. Ergen
- “Practice better listening. It’s not just appearing as though you are paying attention. And try to embrace the things you don’t want to hear.” Joy Howard
- “To me, teamwork is the beauty of our sport, where you have five acting as one. You become selfless.” Mike Krzyzewski
- “Everyone has a talent; what is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads.” Erica Jong
- “I view each person who works with me as an entrepreneur. We want to encourage people [to think of themselves as] owners of their area. It’s easier to recognize standout talent when you allow them to showcase how they ideate, or what they’d do.” Rebecca Minkoff
- “Don’t be afraid of saying goodbye to wrong-fit team members—design the team you want.” Shannon Waller
Having the confidence and courage to build and rebuild your team as necessary will change your course in business. With great support networks, you can put complete trust into team members, making them irreplaceable—and you’ll reach goals faster than you ever thought possible.
MULTIPLICATION BY SUBTRACTION
An entrepreneurial guide on how to gracefully let go of wrong-fit team members.